Sponsored by Used cars
Elderly woman taken to hospital after dishwater fire



An elderly woman was taken to hospital after her dishwasher caught alight in the early hours of the morning.

Fire crews from Belper, Crich and Ripley attended the property in Derby Road, Ambergate at 2.33am on Saturday, after a smoke alarm alerted the elderly occupant to the fire, which was in the rear of the property.

The crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a thermal image camera to extinguish the blaze, which was out by 2.52am. The house was heavily smoke–logged and the woman was administered oxygen before being taken to hospital.

Find It

In association with scoot logo

Looking for...

Featured advertisers


Search for a job


Search for a car


Search for a house

Press Complaints Commission

This website and its associated newspaper adheres to the Press Complaints Commission’s Code of Practice. If you have a complaint about editorial content which relates to inaccuracy or intrusion, then contact the Editor by clicking here.

If you remain dissatisfied with the response provided then you can contact the PCC by clicking here.

Bakewell Today provides news, events and sport features from the Bakewell area. For the best up to date information relating to Bakewell and the surrounding areas visit us at Bakewell Today regularly or bookmark this page.